The students’ council of Faculty of Agriculture, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka is the only organized structure of the faculty students.
Our students’ council Directly influence to academic carriers and welfare activities of students.
- Contributes to enhance the quality of evaluation of the faculty.
- Organizes various types of functions including sport meets.
- Takes the active participations of the interfaculty meets and Fresher’s meets.
- Publishes the creations of “Kedapatha”.
- Makes the relationships with the mother council of Rajarata University of Sri Lanka.
- Contributes to protect the Free Education of Sri Lanka.
- Makes opportunities to improve the skills of students.
Faculty of Agriculture, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka was established in Puliyankulama premises in 23-04-2001.At the beginning only 17 students were in our faculty as first batch. Ever since our faculty is going with the increasing of students. It shows the peace and harmony of the faculty. It was a harsh way of the development of our faculty up to now. There are two milestones.
· “Saliyapura” struggle.
· 42 days struggle.
Due to the events with blood and tears which led to the success of these struggles, were considered as unforgettable turning points. Structure of the Students’ Council There are 5 posts.
2. Vice president.
There are 6 committees.
1. Educational committee.
2. Sports committee.
3. Environmental committee.
4. Art committee.
5. Media committee.
6. Food committee.
Through the combination of these committees, the students’ council is able to function effectively. As today, in future also the students’ council will perform its responsibilities for the beneficial of students.