• Common Name : Bim Thal
• Scientific Name : Curculigo orchiodes
• Family : Hypoxidaceae
• Life cycle : Annual
• Place of collected : Faculty field, Puliyankulama, Anuradhapura
• Date of collected : 2009.08.08
• Morphological characters : Erect growth habit
Woody stem, tap root system.
Leaves and flowers are occurs at the terminal end of the plant.
Yellow color flower.
• Propagation : seeds
• Agricultural importance : May invade lawns and displace grasses. May cause oxalate poisoning in livestock if eaten.
• Uses : used as an herbal medicine
• Control measures : Hand weeding and mechanical weeding