• Common Name : Wal thalkola
• Scientific Name : Ipomea triloba
• Family : Convolvullaceae
• Life cycle : Annual
• Morphological characters : Stem – Thin, cylindrical, creep grow along soil surfaces. Tender creeps are light green in color while matures are reddish brown.
Roots – fibrous roots .
Leaves – Dark green in color with reddish brown shades.
Flowers: The yellowish flowers. This plant flowers seasonally after rain.
• Propagation : Cuttings
• Agricultural importance : May invade lawns and displace desirable grasses. May cause oxalate poisoning in livestock if eaten.
• Uses : Medicinal value.
• Control measures : Hand weeding and mechanical weeding