• Common Name : Divipahuru
• Scientific Name : Ipomea pes-tigridis
• Family : Convolvulaceae
• Life cycle : Annual
• Morphological characters : Stem – Somewhat hard cylindrical, creep grow along the various surfaces. Tender creeps are light green in color while matures are reddish brown. There are tendils at each leaf petiole.
Roots – Mainly tap root and fibrous roots occur at the point of leaves beginning .
Leaves are lobbed in to 5 lobes.
• Propagation : By Seeds.
• Agricultural importance : It competes for sunlight, moisture, and besides soil nutrients. Cover the canopies of large trees.
• Uses : Can incorporate with soil for organic matter. Avoid soil erosion.
• Control measures : Hand weeding and mechanical weeding using mammoties