• Common Name : Diya karambu
• Scientific Name : Ludwigia decurrens
• Family : Onagraceae
• Life cycle : Annual
• Morphological characters : Flowers : yellow, with 4 petals and 8 to 12 stamens. Stigma undivided. Sepals narrow, elongate, pointed, alternating with the petals, and straight, not curling downward.
Seed : capsule elongate, not square at the bottom. Flowers and seed capsules on long flower stalks, nearly equal in length to the leaves.
Leaves : elongate, alternate, with smooth outer margins, and short to absent petioles .
Plant 1 to 2 feet in height
• Propagation : Seeds
• Agricultural importance : Compete with crops for nutrition, water and solar radiation.
• Uses : No specific use.
• Control measures : Hand weeding and mechanical