• Common Name : Gas Babila
• Scientific Name : Sida acuta
• Family : Malvacea
• Life cycle : Perennial
• Place of collected : Faculty field, Puliyankulama, Anuradhapura
• Date of collected : 2009.08.08
• Morphological characters : ranging from 30 to 100 cm in height, with a strong taproot ; stem and branches flattened at the extremities, fibrous, almost woody at times;
leaves : alternate, slender, lanceolate, acute, margins toothed, 1.2 to 9 cm or more long, 0.5 to 4 cm wide
flowers : light yellow, yellow, or pale orange, with a shallow notch at the apex
fruit : a capsule, 3 to 4.5 mm in diameter, rough, consisting of five to eight (rarely more) carpels which break at maturity into equal, one-seeded, segments (mericarp)
• Propagation : seeds
• Agricultural importance : Compete with crops for nutrition, water and solar radiation.
• Uses : Have medicinal valve in ayurvedik medicine.
• Control measures : Mechanical methods hand picking and burning.