35. Wal rajapohottu
• Common Name : Wal rajapohottu
• Scientific Name : Celosia aseatica
• Family : Amaranthaceae
• Life cycle : Annual
• Place of collected : Faculty field, Puliyankulama, Anuradhapura
• Date of collected : 2009.08.03
• Morphological characters : Stem – Tender herb with prostrate stem. Hairy.
Roots – Mainly taproot and fibrous roots.
Leaves – Small, opposite, ovate leaves. Hairy.
Flowers – White in color. Occur at the apex of each and every branch.
• Propagation : By Seeds.
• Agricultural importance : It competes for sunlight, moisture, and besides soil nutrients with crops.
• Uses : For decoration purposes.
• Control measures : Hand weeding and mechanical weeding. Chemical control – Atrazine.