• Common Name : Wal pathpadagam
• Scientific Name : Hedyotis corybosa
• Family : Rubiaceae
• Life cycle : Annual
• Morphological characters : Stem – Small, tender, herb with erect or prostrate stem. Grow up to 15-20 cm height. Somewhat cylindrical stem.
Roots – Mainly taproot and fibrous roots.
Leaves – Small, opposite, linear type leaves.2-2.5 cm in length and 0.5 cm in width.
Flowers – White or purplish white color small flowers. Regular and bi-sexual flowers arise in pairs.
• Propagation : By Seeds.
• Agricultural importance : It competes for sunlight, moisture, and besides soil nutrients with crops.
• Uses : Has medicinal value.
• Control measures : Hand weeding and mechanical weeding. Chemical control – Paraquat.